Aug 25, 2005

How Did That Happen?

Hey there everyone!

As I sit here typing this blog entry I am a bit confused and I must say kind of down. I had my doctor's appointment today: Let's just say I wasn't expecting to hear what I heard. First let me explain that the doctor's office that I go to has 4 different doctors. They want you to see all the doctors so that when you go into labor you will know the doctor who delivers. I think this is great and wouldn't change it at all, especially considering with Zachary I didn't know the delivering doctor.

Today I went to my 36 week appointment. The good news is that my Strep B test came back negative and the baby is in the head down position and doing fine.

Now for the bad(or atleast weird news): As I said last week, I was dilated 1cm (or so that's what the doctor said). Well, I saw a different doctor today and she told me that I am not dilated, but won't go into detail as to why I was told that I was last week. She didn't seem concerned about this at all either. I just don't get it...once a cervix starts to open it doesn't close again does it?? I'm so confused and really do not understand why the doctor didn't seem to have an explanation for it. I can't stand when a doctor doesn't explain things to me especially something like this. I definitely hope that she isn't the one on call when I go into labor. Next Thursday I go back again and am scheduled to see my favorite of the 4 doctors and am hoping that she can maybe explain it to me a little better! ~Keeping Fingers Crossed~

Now for more good news, because I refuse to end this post on a down note: MY MOMMA IS COMING THIS WEEKEND!! She will be leaving Indiana either Friday, Saturday, or Sunday depending on when she can get everything done she needs to and makes sure that my grandmother is doing well. She called me this morning with the good news and I just can't wait to see her. We haven't seen one another since last September and I do miss her so. Zach is excited too because his grandma will be here to spend time with him before he has to go back to school on the 6th. She has decided that she is going to drive the almost 13 hours here, so those of you who are reading this please keep her in your thoughts and prayers as she makes the trip! Thank you!

Until next time...Smile :) it doesn't hurt I promise!!

No comments: