Aug 14, 2006

Groove is in the What? & Funky Cold Huh?

Today I spent the day doing some work for my VA clients and while working I was listening to Yahoo's Launchcast Radio on Yahoo Instant Messenger. I needed some upbeat, keep me moving music so I chose the Summer Party Station. It was pretty cool and played a good mix of music from the 50's to today! Just what I needed to get me motivated.

I was feeling really old when some of the songs were playing from my childhood. For instance "Groove is in the Heart" by Deee-Lite and "Funky Cold Madena" by Tone Loc! LOL I would hear a few notes of them and start laughing out loud.

This happened with no reaction from hubby, who was sitting on the loveseat right next to my pc, for a few songs. After about 3 songs of my hysterical laughing and saying "Oh my..I haven't heard this song in FFOOORRRREEEVVVEEEERRR." (picture the kid on the movie 'The Sandlot'), he finally spoke up! I was singing along and hubby was lookin' at me like I was crazy.

See, he's 2 years younger than me and some of the music I listened to back then he's never heard and thinks is just weird! LOL At one point, he started laughing and said in a semi-boss like voice..."Ok, enough playing. You need to get to work!" LMBO

My response: "Hey, I am the boss and I can do more than one thing at a time. So, if my singing offends you, I apologize, but as long as I'm getting my work done I'm gonna sing. Besides, aren't you supposed to be sleeping right now so you can go to work this evening?" ;) It wasn't long after that he was asleep on the loveseat!

I'll keep this station on every day now when I work, because I got soooo much done today while Hunter was with Granny and Zach was playing in his room! :)

No comments: