Sep 20, 2006

Back Home Again in Indiana (in my mind anyway)

Forgive me while I go back to my roots for a bit. Growing up in Indiana, I was an Indy Car Girl...my family held season tickets to the Indy 500. It was a HUGE event every May. After moving to Virginia, I lost an interest, because to be honest...this is NASCAR country! I still keep up with IRL every now and again, but don't really know much except that the league split into IRL (Indy Racing League) and CART and I'm on the IRL side.

I also know that there is finally a girl in the league that is worth something: Danika Patrick. My cousin Nikki and I secretly wished we would grow up to be her. ;) I thought it was so cool when I watched her lead the 500 and then watch her (on the tube) when they raced in Richmond last year. Another cool thing, she was on the Rahal/Letterman team. Although he wasn't my favorite, I liked Bobby Rahal when he raced and David Letterman, well he's from Indiana and his show rocks, atleast it did the last time I watched it. Can't stay up that late anymore.

Anyway, I just found out the other day that Danika has left the Rahal/Letterman team to join the Andretti Green team! OH YUCK! I couldn't stand the Andretti's. Mario was alright, but Michael that was a whole other story. Now the girl I wanted to be has made a choice that I wouldn't be caught dead even considering! LOL Just kidding, as a business woman I can respect her decision, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. ;)

Today I found out that GoDaddy.com is one of her new sponsors and she is now a GoDaddy Girl! That I can say COOL to.

So I guess my internet marketing self (or soon to be anyway) can forgive the first mistake of switching teams and I will continue to root for her next year.

GO DANIKA GO!!

No comments: