Nov 10, 2005

My Baby's Growing Up

Wow...8 years old already! I can't believe Zachman is 8. Seems like just yesterday he was Hunter's age. I'm so proud of my young man. He's a great kid in everyway and I have definitely been blessed.

Saturday we took him and Jerry's nephew, Collin, to The Bear Factory in Williamsburg to build a bear. They both chose Husky puppies to stuff. It's so neat there because once they choose the animal they want then they have to go get it stuffed. When they go to the machine they get a gold star and have to stand on a square with the star in their hand and close their eyes and make a wish. Then they have to spin in a circle twice, hop up and down twice, give the star a kiss, and drop it in the animal. Then they pick out eyes, the guy told me that the actual Build a Bear Workshops don't let you do this. Zach chose clear eyes that sparkle. Next it was time to find clothes, shoes, and any sound they wanted. Zach picked out a tuxedo and black dress shoes for his and chose the soundbox with the wolf sound. To finish it off they got to name their animal and a birth certificate was made. Zach chose the name "Da Man". Don't ask cause I don't know! LOL Then after changing their minds 500 times ;)they decided they wanted to go to KFC for lunch!

Here some pictures of Zach, Collin and their Husky's on the kiddie toys at the mall.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Zach was home from school on Tuesday, election day and the school is our voting place, so he got to do whatever he wanted to all day. I did ask him to help me feed the dog, but other than that he played video games and outside all day long. Tuesday night we had his party here at home with Cake & Ice Cream. Zach wanted a funfetti cake with orange and black icing. I thought I would have to create orange icing with red and yellow food coloring, but to my surprise they make Fall colors and orange was included. Whoda thunk? He had a blast at his party. Granny Mildred & Grandaddy Johnny, Aunt Wendy, Kimmi, Kristy, Uncle Addy and Tia came, along with Tia's mom, Stacy, and her little brother, Isaiah. Kristy christened him with the Lewis tradition of cake in the face! He took it pretty well! He got alot of cool gifts and $45 birthday money.

We will be going to Walmart this weekend I'm sure because that money is burning a hole in his pocket. I have decided I need to just let him spend it all this year. I really want him to start putting a little bit of all money he gets in his savings. Jerry thinks I should just let him be a kid a little bit longer I think! LOL I will agree this time, but from now on I'm insisting atleast part of it goes to savings.

Here are a few pictures of the party. They aren't the greatest, but I was chasing my camera all night so who knows who took what! ;)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Here he is on his new race car bed from Uncle Addy and Tia playing his new game boy game from Moommy and Jerry.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

HAPPY 8th BIRTHDAY ZACHMAN! MOOMMY LOVES YOU WHOLE BUNCHES!

No comments: