Feb 1, 2006

What's with the Attitude?

That question has came out of my mouth more in the last few weeks than I care to admit. Along with the phrase: "You are a member of this family and that's what families do: Work together!"

Zach has obviously hit a "stage" where he thinks he has to complain about everything and in his mind he has to do it all around here! LMAO Yea right!

His evening consist of the following: he gets off the bus, does his homework, feeds the dog, gets a snack and watches cartoons, plays video games, or plays outside with his buddies until dinner. Then around 6 he has to take his shower, brushes his teeth, combs his hair and takes his dirty clothes to the laundry nook. Every now and again I ask him to help me keep Hunter occupied while I get dinner going!

What an evening right? I mean come on Mom, don't you think that is just asking a little bit much of an 8 year old? HECK NO!! In all honesty I don't think it's enough for him to do. In my opinion he should feel blessed that he has a mom that only asks a few things of him an evening! He however, does not see it that way! He acts lik I am asking him to take on the world.

Well, here's my plan. I am in the process of coming up with an agreement that will get more things done around here, teach him more responsibility minus the attitude and hopefully turn this nastiness around while instilling in my son that as a member of a family you help out and do your part.

I miss my sweet little boy and I will do whatever I need to to get him back, but that does not include letting him be lazy and do only what he likes and feels like doing. I don't think, at 8 years old, I'm asking too much when I ask him to carry his weight a bit. After all, he needs to learn these lessons now. He will not turn out like someone else we knew! Over my dead body!! LOL

So, until next time keep your fingers crossed that my plan works and that soon we will have peaceful evenings again in this household.

No comments: