May 8, 2006

Burnt Out??

Are you a work at home mom with her own business? If so, you have probably experienced what we WAHMs like to call Work at Home Burn Out!

Today on Wahm Talk Radio, Kelly talks about just this. I'm a faithful listener to Kelly's show every Monday and I can definitely relate to today's show topic. I've found myself extremely burnt out with my business a few times. When I find myself at this point I do exactly what Kelly recommends: "Step Away from the Computer!" LOL It's not easy trust me, but it's well worth it in the end.

The main reason I get burnt out is because I know what I need to do and I have all the plans in place, but I have to wait on a little thing called MONEY to take the next step. Every time I get some extra cash I find a way to apply it to my business, but it takes baby steps to get where I need to be and I'm not a naturally patient person. I take a whole day, or two, off and focus on things that I've let go like house or yard work and spending quality time with the boys. Focusing and getting those things straight gives me a renewed outlook on my business and usually by the time I get back to business I have found a way to make the moola I'm lacking to get the things I need so that I can move to the next level of my business.

So, if you find yourself getting burnt out don't wait until it's totally controlling and you are completely fried to do something, because by then it may be too late. Take some well deserved time off and enjoy life. Business will wait for you, I promise!

No comments: