Jun 29, 2006

Everytime...Never Fails!

Today has been a pretty good day so far. I feel like I've gotten some things accomplished around here, which doesn't happen very often! LOL

Today we did the "Mom is helping to clean my bedroom" with Zach. You know, mom goes in and it REALLY gets cleaned. Things get put where they actually belong, junk and broken toys get thrown out or put in the donate pile if in good shape and not played with in awhile.

It never fails that no matter how often this happens, I ALWAYS come out of there with a trash bag full. I can do this every 6 months or every 2 weeks with the same outcome. Things that make you go hmmmmm! I don't get it: if I am going through the room every 6 months I can understand a bigger bag of trash, but what about the times I go through it more often? How the heck can you accumulate a bag of trash in 2 weeks? That tells me that in 2 weeks time AFTER the room is clean, is when the junk makes it to the room! So, from now on I'm (correction: Zachary) is cleaning it every week...maybe then it won't be so bad! LOL Wish me luck. After all he is 8 years old and he is a male! ;)

I also managed to get 2 loads of laundry washed, dried, AND put away today so far. There's another load in the washer and dryer, so hopefully those will make it to the end of the line and in the closets/drawers before the day is out too! I have the awful habit of making my laundry baskets my dressers and am trying my hardest to break that habit.

I've managed to get the dishes washed before NOON today as well. I'm actually starting to scare myself! LOL I never get things done like this all in one day. Makes me wonder what's going to fall apart tomorrow.

That's just the household side of things that got accomplished today. I'll post about the business/work side of things later! Yes, I did manage to get something done today with that as well. I'm hoping that tonight the men in the house cooperate and I can work my little bootie (ok, so little was not the correct term) off tonight!

No comments: