Aug 11, 2007

Help a WAHM of 4 Make a New Life for Herself & Her Kids

I was checking email today and I received an email from copywriter, Michel Fortin and the title of the email alone brought tears to my eyes..."To Stop Her From Going Online, He Broke Her Hands." Needless to say, he had my undivided attention.

After reading the email I made my way to Jason Moffatt's blog post about a work at home mom of 4 kids (the youngest a few months younger than our Hunter) named Cy. You see, Cy is at this very moment, trying to start a new life for herself and her kids after an extremely abusive relationship. Again, the tears are flowing...you see I have never been in a physically abusive relationship, but as a child I saw my share of other abuses in my life; some mine, some others. So, yes I have a soft spot in my heart for others, especially children who have to live with or endure any type of abuse, be it physical, mental, or sexual. My past troubles don't even begin to touch what this woman and her children have been through.

That being said, I also know that there are a lot of people with "sob stories" online who have created these stories just to make a few bucks. I must say those people don't get my sympathies, but Cy does and here's why.

She is a hard working and brave woman to come forward with the problems she is experiencing in her life. She's a strong woman who knows that her kids deserve better in life, even if that means for awhile things will be hard for them. She sees a light at the end of the tunnel and that's proven by the fact that she is living on the road with all 4 of her kids, doing what she can until she has enough money to start their new life in a new place.

On the same token, it's obvious Jason is a caring friend who sees a friend who needs help and is doing everything he can to get those of us online to lend a hand. So, head on over, check out Jason's post and help in anyway you can.

And if you believe in God, please send up your prayers for Cy and her babies. Here's mine:

Heavenly Father, Thank you for helping Cy realize that she could no longer live her life or subject her children to, the life she has known. Thank you for giving her the strength to do what she needed to do in order to get out of the situation. Give her strength to see it through and come out on the right side! Be with her and her children in this time in their life when they need you more than they may have ever needed you. Lead them on the right path and see them through every step of this long, hard journey. With your love and guidance they WILL make it and become an even stronger, happier, and closer family. In Jesus name, AMEN!

No comments: