Dec 18, 2007

Tuesday Tasties: Marbled Candy Cane Candy

Last night Zach and I baked cookies for his teachers and so I'm in the Christmas recipe mood. Now, most of you know I'm never in any recipe mood, but here's a cute Christmas recipe that I think you'll enjoy.

btw...I totally didn't get pictures of Zach's cookies! - Way to go Mom. I got the camera out, made sure it had fresh batteries and even had it in my hand, but then sat it down so I could help Zach with the red icing on his snowmen, stocking and Christmas tree cookies and the next thing I know...the cookies were cooled and in their respective buckets. Ooops! We have more to make for friends and family this week so if I can remember to keep them out long enough to get pics I will post them.

Candy Cane Marble

What You'll Need:

30 small peppermint candy canes
1 pound dark chocolate
1 pound white chocolate


Fool Proof Directions:

In a microwave safe bowl, heat dark chocolate for 2 to 3 minutes or until chocolate is melted and smooth. Stir chocolate every 20-30 seconds to help any lumps melt downs.

In another microwave safe bowl, heat white chocolate the same as above.

Place candy canes in a large freezer bag. Using a rolling pin, crush candy canes into different size pieces. Place half the crushed candy canes in a strainer and shake small crumbs into dark chocolate. Place the remaining crushed candy into strainer and shake crumbs into white chocolate.

Line a 9X9X9 baking pan with heavy aluminum foil. Pour dark chocolate into pan and smooth. Do the same with the white chocolate.

Sprinkle the remaining candy canes over the top. Cover and refrigerate for about 2 hours.

Once hardened, break up pieces of candy and enjoy!

2 comments:

Aurelia said...

Ohhh FUN!!! Thanks for posting this. I have to start my Holiday baking this week!!

Tishia said...

Oh yummy! That's something Caleb would probably like doing - any excuse to 'smash' something and he's a happy camper..LOL.

I think we might just try this.