Oct 17, 2006

Would I Have Their Strength?

I'm sure it's because I'm not a kid anymore and actually see and hear the bad things in life that happen, but it seems like every week here lately, I hear of yet another person that I know who has been diagnosed with cancer or some other horrible disease.

With October being Breast Cancer Awareness Month, I've heard more about breast cancer specifically, more in the last few weeks.

A good friend (yes, I call her a friend because she is an awesome lady and her and her husband have helped me with my internet business quite a bit), Sylvie Charrier (Fortin) , was diagnosed with breast cancer and what the couple has done since then just blows my mind. They refuse to let this illness beat them. They both posess a courage that I can only one day hope to have.

Sylvie started a blog about her journey and you can read about her Breast Cancer Victory (her strength shows even in her blog title) there. I have tried and tried, but can't find the words to tell you how this woman's strength and her husband Michel's as well, have inspired me so much. The strength shows in each and every word she posts. She's always been a wonderful lady and this just proves it to those who may have questioned. Although, I highly doubt that anyone who knows her would ever, for even a second, doubt her and her abilities.

Then today was "What Would Robin Do" day on the Dr. Phil show. I love Dr. Phil, but the shows that he and Robin do together are always my favorite. Today, they told a story of a woman who survived breast cancer and I watched in awe. This woman is yet another who proves to me that mind power and a positive attitude can and DOES get you through even the hardest of times. This lady was glad she was diagnosed with breast cancer. I so totally understand this statement and I know you will too once you see the slideshow.

Click the link below, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on "I'm actually thankful I got breast cancer" to see it. Breast Cancer Survivor on Dr. Phil Show

No comments: