Nov 26, 2007

WAH Tip Monday: Office Chaos

This week's tip comes from Nicole Dean of Nicole On the Net.

No More Working in Chaos
Make your office a “no toy zone”. Your office is your turf. Protect it. If you have little office helpers, then establish one area that can have toys, perhaps a basket or drawer – and don’t let it spread.
-------

This is one I have to really work on. With the youngest home with me all day, almost everyday, my office tends to become his very own toy haven. Due to the fact that my office is right off the livingroom and is the first thing you see when you walk in our front door, there are 2 more reasons it shouldn't be so chaotic.

I used to have a totally separate room for my office before Hunter came along, but that became his bedroom and then when we started the remodel on the extra bedroom, we moved him into Zach's room. Once the baby gets here, there will be no more free space for mom to work, so it's all right here in the open.

I'll let you know how things are progressing as I tackle this week's work at home tip....slowly but surely! :)

How about you, do you have a kid-free zone to work in at home? If so, how do you keep it from becoming the playroom?

No comments: