Jan 11, 2008

Journaling eCourse: Friday Free for All

A few weeks back I talked about starting a prayer journal. Well this week's freebie is on the same topic.

Journaling can be a very rewarding experience. Even if you don't have a journal specific to prayers or God, it's still a great way to look back on things that have happened in your life and see just how far you have come. Journaling is also a great motivator.

For me personally, I journal for those reasons, but I also do it for my kids. I want them to see just how much they mean to me, get a look at what life is like for me. Don't you think when they have kids of their own they would love to see that they aren't the only ones who goes through the trying times with their kids? Who knows, maybe I can help them through a difficult situation in the lives with my journaling.

I also find that my journal helps to remind me that things aren't as bad as they may seem. When I sit down at the end of the day to write, I find that many times as I'm rethinking my day and the stressful situations that occurred that day, I realize just how lucky I am to be sitting there with the ability to write the day's happenings down. I also take time to reflect on the positive things that happened that I may have forgotten about. We all know that bad things tend to outweigh the good, but when you are given the opportunity to replay the day, those good things pop back up and leave you with a smile on your face that had you not stopped and rehashed the day, you might have easily forgotten.

If you've thought about starting a journal, but need some guidance getting started, check out our very own Spiritual Wahmmy, Alyssa's, Free 7 Day Journaling eCourse. Although it's catered to prayers, it can be a great tool for any type of journal.

If you like what you see in the course and want to take your journaling a bit further, stop by and check out the 30 Day Journaling Guide as well.

No comments: